In conjunction with the Drexel University WeServe program and the Drexel University School of Public Health, we will be traveling to Gambia (West Africa) this summer to do work on a number of public health projects related to maternal and child health, HIV/AIDS prevention & education, and chronic disease management.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Who You Are Supporting - Greg



Hey all! My name is Greg Bond and I hail from Baltimore, Maryland. I attended University of Maryland, College Park for my undergraduate degree where I studied Kinesiology. Here at Drexel, I am pursuing a Masters of Public Health with a concentration in Epidemiology.


Sparking my interest in the public health field was my trip to Kenya in 2010 where I conducted HIV/AIDS testing and counseling. I'd like to not only continue but also expand on this work in The Gambia. While in The Gambia, I want to research how people view HIV/AIDS, the stigma associated with the virus, accessibility of HIV/AIDS drugs, testing methods, and the effectiveness of education materials. Thanks for your interest in our endeavor!



No comments:

Post a Comment